Thursday, April 23, 2009

Got Lucky.

My day started when I had to go to WMFA, Inc. for an interview with the HR. My father drove me to Muñoz and dropped me there. After which, I rode a bus that goes to MRT-North Avenue Station then when I got there, usual thing, people were squeezing their way in through the Station's stairways. When I had managed to got up to the second floor there was this new routine that they had that i thought was some kinda effective. The MRT card pass was already being bought at the second floor. As a result, the usual people jam was lessened and the flow went smoothly. I rode the train and got off at the Ayala Station. I then walked several meters to go to the jeepney terminal with the sign (AYALA - WASHINGTON) . When I got in the jeepney, I asked manong driver,"Manong, dadaan po ba kayo sa Salcedo Street?" Then he asked me, " Sa Salcedo Village ba?" I then told him, "Sa street lang po." He then smiled and said YES. I waited a few seconds till the jeepney was full then the jeep started and there we went. When we were nearly there, the driver already signaled and told me that Salcedo Street was over there. I then got off the jeep and walked and walked then I saw the Makati Medical Center. Confused where would I had to go, I pulled the MAGIC Map out of my bag and started flipping the pages. But still, I don't know where I had to walk. So, when I saw a lady traffic regulator (I couldn't remember whether or not she was an MMDA officer) I asked for directions. I walked several hundred meters and passed one street after another. When I saw the building that I was looking for, deep inside I was somekind of proud and felt that I'm kinda independent. When I got in the building, the guard asked me where would I go. haha! This is kind of embarrassing, I was mentally blanked. I just gave him the note where I placed the address and he let me log-in and pointed me to go up to the 3rd floor. When I got there, another guard approached me and asked, "Sinong hinahanap mo? Anong ginagawa mo rito? Anong oras ba ang usapan niyo?" I was bewildered for a while and tried to remember the name of the HR who told me to go there at 9am. I then remembered a surname and told the guard, "Leelin?, Leelin po ata ung apilyedo." Amazed, He told me, "Ahhh, si Ms. Donna." He said, " Wala pa siya eh, maghintay ka na lang sa loob." The guard then let me in the office and there I sat. Curious about the place, my eyes started staring at the four corners of the office and noticed that it was kinda huge. I think of the office was intended for seminars. Continue gazing at the office, a I banner caught my attention, It said, "The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." I told myself, "It looks familiar, have read that before." Then I remembered, the quote was from the go cart movie, entited Kart Racer. After a few minutes, I decided to text Ms. Donna and told her that I was already at the office waiting for her. She then replied and told me that she would be late and I would just be interviewed by the other HR staff. But then, After few Minutes, a guy named Mr. Wacky, an IT director or head asked me to go inside the conference room for him to conduct the inteview. (fast forward >>) after the interview, he shook my hand and off I go. I looked at my watch and It was 10:30 am by that time. I texted my father and told him that I was going to eat at home. My route on my way home was just the same. I rode a jeep to Ayala, then rode the Train. When the train was already at Quezon Avenue Station, I think we had experienced some minor problem the doors of the train took i guess 5 minutes just to close. After that, nearing my destination (MRT-North Avenue Station), the train slowed down and I deep inside, I told myself sarcastically, "What a lucky day!" A few minutes later of delay, we arrived at our destination. When I got there, I was thinking of whether or not I would go inside TRINOMA but then my instinct told me to ( Hey, there's a free air-conditioning inside, Hello???) When I got inside, I was shocked with what I saw. It's a bird, No, It's a plane! No! There was a JOBFAIR! hahaha! I told myself happily, " I wasn't expecting this." Anyway, I was glad that I brought my resumes with me. I roamed around and looked for positions that would qualify me. At the end, I managed to submit 5 resumes in companies that had IT related positions, like programmer or systems analyst. After that, I already planned to go home. So, I got out of TRINOMA and went to SM the block. When I got there, guess what happened? guess WHAT??? My left shoe ( wore less than 10 times) broke. The "swelas" was torned from the shoe's body. What i did then was to act like that I had a foot injury, dragging my left foot all the way to SM North. After that, I had decided to go to the Department Store to bought a pair of cheap flip-flops since I couldn't go home like that. Bought the flip-flops, wore it, then off i go. I rode the bus to Muñoz and when I got there, rode a jeep, got off to our main road and walked all the way home. That was my day! a long yet astouding day. END.

No comments:

Post a Comment